One powerful way to feel confident in a bikini is to break down the thoughts that are holding you back from experiencing it.
Let's dive in, shall we?
1. What story are you telling yourself that is holding you back from showing up confidently?
Example: I shouldn’t wear a bikini because of the cellulite on my legs — it’s gross.
2. Where does this story originate from? More often than not, this story / belief was projected on you by someone else at some point in your life.
Example: I think cellulite is gross because I was / am constantly bombarded with messages that tell me to get rid of it.
3. Is it true? (The famous, Bryon Katie, question).
Example: is it actually true that cellulite is gross? Nope, it is not true. Cellulite is a normal thing to develop. Companies just heavily photo-shop models and use subliminal messaging to manipulate me into buying their shitty product — fuck that.
4. How would you feel without this thought? (Another Bryon Katie question).
Example: I wouldn’t waste my energy being worried about something that’s completely normal. My thoughts wouldn’t be racing with insecurities, instead they would be focused on being present in whatever activity I’m engaging in. I would finally feel better about putting on a bikini.
5. Why should you let go of this thought?
Example: I should let go of this thought because it’s simply not serving me, it’s not true and I will not feed into society’s bullshit.
Don’t let these harmful thoughts take momentum, baby guuuuurl. Break up with them and then proudly wear that bikini of yours.