You read it. These "healthy" brownies don't suck. This is my go to recipe because they are the real deal. I always feel like most "healthier" desserts let me down because they fail to taste like the real thing and you can tell they taste, healthier. Not these. These are legit. So instead of rambling on, I will let you taste for yourself.
What you will need:
- 1/2 cup of melted coconut oil
- 1/2-1 cup of coconut sugar (this depends on how sweet you want them, I suggest starting with 1/2 of a cup and having a small taste to see if you want to add more)
- 1 cup of dark chocolate chips
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 2 tbs of cacao powder
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour
What you need to do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Melt the coconut oil on the stove in a pot
- Once the coconut oil is completed melted, turn off the stove and add in the chocolate chips and coconut sugar and stir until the chips have melted
- Add the vanilla extract and the eggs
- Now add in the rest of the ingredients (coconut flour, cacao powder, & salt) until well combined
- Pour the brownie batter into a greased 8x8 inch pan -- if you like licking the batter, don't just lick the batter.... place some of the batter on ice cream and then eat it, you'll thank me later.
- Pop it in the oven for 18-25 minutes! I suggest checking on them after 15 minutes and then continue to check on them frequently so you don't over cook them, if you like them "gooey" the less time the brownies will need
I hope you enjoy the brownies as much as I do. If you do make them, Snapchat me (@devondaymoretti) and tell me what you think!